Alwaysawarrior

1,313,643 poems read

APATHY IS OUR WORST ATTITUDE IN LIFE







I don't recall the exact time or day
I don't even recall the how or why
I don't think it happened suddenly

But what I do know for sure is this
We are certainly the home of the Brave
We are certainly the land of the Free

But quietly and behind closed doors
We are slowly losing our rights here
We the People have become silent

It seems in almost every poll taken
85% of Americans want our traditions
They want to keep "In God We Trust"

They want to uphold the Constitution
And they want our "Bill Of Rights" too
We were formed as a "Christian Nation"

"One Nation Under God" is our claim
And the polls show we believe this
So why have we turned a blind eye

Why have we as a "Christian Nation"
Let 15% of others here have their way
And slowly take away the rights of 85%

Somewhere along the way we have let them
They are eroding our Constitutional Rights
And we have let the 15% rule over 85% of us

What is wrong with this picture people?
Are we all so blind that we cannot see?
Our rights are slowly being taken away

I know this is not why I had fought for freedom
It begs for this simple question to be asked now
When did you decide to give our country away?


Terry Sasek - Alwaysawarrior - all rights reserved.


I hope we all wake up in time to save our nation and to keep and restore
our rights and freedoms being eroded and taken away by those currently
in charge of our country and it's current policies. In recent polls that
were taken in our nation 85% of our citizens said that they want their
rights and their own freedom that they had growing up in our country.
They wanted everything restored that has been taken from our nation and
our citizens. If 85% is the majority of voters in our nation I have to
wonder just how it is that only 15% of the voters in our nation decide
how the other 85% can and will live in our nation and what rights and
freedom that they will be allowed to have. It's happened because of our
own national apathy. Apathy is by far the worst of all attitudes that
the citizens of any nation can have in their own lives, to think that
you and your own vote can't make any difference at all so why bother to
go vote for how our nation will be run is the worse possible choice to
make in our own lives. By not voting you are allowing the minority to
dictate to the majority just how we can and will live here in America
because you think your own vote won't make any difference at all so why
vote at all, if that's going to be your attitude, then it won't really
matter at all if you had voted because you didn't really care enough to
let our government know that you don't really like the way things are
being handled in our nation. If you don't use your right to vote that
was given to you by all those who had given their lives so you could
have your freedom and your right to express your views as to how our
nation is run, then you have not only lost your chance to say how you
feel about our nation and how it should be run, then too you have also
dishonored every American who has ever fought and who have died during
our own history to make sure that you had the opportunity to help guide
the direction that our nation takes and you will have helped that one
small 15% portion of our nation voters dictate to the other 85% of us
can and will live here in the United States of America.

WAKE UP PEOPLE BEFORE WE WILL LOSE EVERY RIGHT AND FREEDOM WE HAVE
HERE IN AMERICA!  MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OF HER BRAVE MEN AND
WOMEN THAT HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR NOT ONLY YOUR FREEDOM,
BUT ALSO THE FREEDOM OF MOST OF THE FREE NATIONS ON OUR PLANET EARTH
THROUGHOUT HISTORY WITH THEIR BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS AND WHO HAVE
LOST THEIR OWN LIVES DEFENDING FREEDOM TO KEEP ALL OF US HERE IN THE
USA FREE. WAKE UP PEOPLE AND DO NOT THROW YOUR RIGHTS AWAY! SO I ASK
YOU ONCE MORE,  SINCE WHEN DO 15% OF THE PEOPLE DECIDE HOW THE OTHER
85% WILL LIVE IN OUR NATION AND WHAT RIGHTS AND FREEDOM THEY CAN HAVE?
IT WILL ONLY HAPPEN WHEN YOU LET THEM DO IT BECAUSE OF YOUR APATHY.
IF YOU NEED ANY MORE PROOF AT ALL TO UNDERSTAND THIS FACT, ALL YOU HAVE
TO DO IS REVIEW THIS PAST YEAR THAT WE HAVE LIVED UNDER THE JOE BIDEN
ADMINISTRATION TO SEE VERY CLEARLY WHAT YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN HAVE LOST
SO FAR IN HIS FIRST YEAR AS OUR PRESIDENT HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA. "GOD BLESS AMERICA ALWAYS AND KEEP HER FREE AND US FREE".















Comment On This Poem --- Vote for this poem
APATHY IS OUR WORST ATTITUDE IN LIFE